- An even distribution of weight enabling someone or something to remain upright and steady
- Sailing: the ability of a boat to stay on course without adjustment of the rudder
- A situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions
- Mental or emotional stability
- The relative volume of various sources of sound
- Harmony of design and proportion
A Town N Country wagon rests and rusts in contented retirement between the Studio and the Wagon shed with autumn color and the Cottage beyond. This little wagon’s name wryly reminded me that this beautiful time of year was when the Lunts were preparing to leave their country estate and return to the excitement and demands of New York and the stage. Today this time of year finds the Ten Chimneys Foundation balancing the necessary estate preparations for the inevitable winter with the welcoming of our busiest tour season.